Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 24 Memories

Memories

I read all the Nancy Drew books
in fact I still have many of them.  
Been saving them for the grandkids

I'm not really sure what made me think of this but today I was thinking about how much I loved to read and how my love for reading really developed when I was 12 and was new to Sacramento and I didn't have many friends.  But I did have one good friend who lived just a couple houses down and we would spend our free time reading.  Over the summer we would ride the bus to the library and check out as many books as we could carry.  We would then come home and read, read, read.  It was great.  Im really grateful for that friend who was my first friend in Sacramento.  It's really hard to move when your 11 almost 12.  It was a pretty traumatic time in my life but thanks to Becky, the bus, and the library I made through.


Not the exact bus but close



I loved, loved, loved any books about horses.
Read all of the horse stories by this author


My first best Sacramento Friend
Becky Voigt.

And now I am soooo thankful I moved to Sacramento.  Seriously, I can't image what my life might be like if I hadn't moved here from Yucca Valley.

1 comment:

  1. I never knew that's how the reading began! That's a cool story! And now i have the reading bug! It will go on for generations to come! LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete