Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 22

Day 22
How Great


I love this.  When I watch/listen to this I can always feel the spirit.  It brings a peaceful and calming feeling to me and it strengthens my testimony of a loving Father in Heaven and of my Savior Jesus Christ.

I have been able to hear Noteworthy sing this arrangement many times and each time it touches me and brings tears to my eyes.  This particular performance was a real blessing to be a part of.  Noteworthy was competing in the finals for the International Competition of Collegiate Acappella (ICCA).  It was held in the Lincoln Center in New York in April 2007.  Their set for this competition was so good.  I remember being so nervous for them as they started their set and then they started singing How Great and I felt something happening in the room....it became so quiet and still.  It seemed like the whole audience was feeling something different.  It is hard to explain but it was amazing and the performance was flawless.  The Spirit was testifying to everyone in that room and you could feel it.  And when it was over it almost was like no one wanted to clap because they didn't want to break that moment...it was only a split second but I felt it.  I am so grateful that I was able to be a part of that because it's not something you can experience just by watching the video.  I will never forget it and I don't think any of the girls in this group will either.  Even the judges felt it and mentioned it in their notes.  Noteworthy won this competition....basically they were the world champions of collegiate acappella that year and it was totally awesome.  That year they won every competition ....the quarterfinals, semifinals and the finals.  It was so fun and an experience I will never forget!


No comments:

Post a Comment