Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 18

Day 18
Gone With the Wind

I love this book.  It is one of my all time favorites.  I have read it probably 4 or 5 times and I want to read it again.  I am in love with this time period.  I love everything about this book....I even love Scarlett.  She is deceitful and prideful and beautiful and spoiled but yet she is also very strong.  She really is a terrible role model but she makes a good story and so does Rhett.  Who doesn't love Rhett.  He really does love Scarlett with all his heart and she just can't see it.  It is heartbreaking when you think about it.  Ah, I just love to read good books.  I love stories that pull you in and make you feel like you are right there with the characters.  And who doesn't want a Mamee in their life.  I want to live in Tara ...before the war of course.  Anyway, today I am grateful for good books .... but specifically this good book.  If I can find it I am going to read it and if I can't find my copy then I  am going to go to the library and check it out.  And if you haven't read it....you must.  The movie doesn't do it justice.


2 comments:

  1. My all time favorite!! I am always reading it, it's almost like part of my daily scripture study.

    ReplyDelete