Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 91 - Mormon

Day 91

Today in Sunday school we were learning about Mormon.  He was a really amazing young man.

He faced some very difficult challenges and lived during a time when the people around him were very wicked.  And even though it seemed hopeless, he never gave up hope.  I loved this quote my Sunday school teacher shared today

"Although we also live in a time of great wickedness, we must not be a part of it.  By following Mormon's example of steadfastness and faith, and by studying the records he so carefully preserved, we can withstand the evil influences of our day and provide an example of courage and hope for others."
I forgot who said it but I like it.



"They were once a delightsome people, and they had Christ for their shepherd; yea, they were led even by God the Father.
But now, behold, they are led about by Satan, even as chaff is driven before the wind, or as a vessel is tossed about upon the waves, without sail or anchor, or without anything wherewith to steer her; and even as she is, so are they."
Mormon 5: 17-18

I feel like this scripture could be talking about us, Americans, today.

It makes me feel even more urgency to strive to be better.
I am grateful for this young Mormon and his example and I am so grateful that I have the Book of Mormon to read and study and learn from and hopefully, to learn from others mistakes and not make the same ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment