Friday, October 19, 2012

Day 62 - My Normal Life

Day 62
My Normal Life

I deal with the public a lot for my job and this brings a lot of perspective.
It makes me really grateful for my normal life.

There are a whole lot of really strange people in the world and some days I think they all come into my work.  It also has made me realize that there are so many people who are paranoid and they live their life thinking everyone or the government is out to get them or is spying on them.  Or english is their second language and they have such a hard time communicating.  And then there are the  people who definitely have mental health issues.  I always wonder how do they manage to get through the day? 

And then nice things happen and make me realize that there are many good people out there...even if they don't look like good people. Today a blind man came in...he rode the bus and he got off on the wrong stop.  He had called our office to ask how to get there from where he got off.  We tried to direct him as best we could.  A few minutes later he came in and a really nice young man had helped him find his way that had met him on the street.  He realized that this man needed help and so he walked him to our office.  Now if I was to see this young man on the street I would not have thought that he would do something so kind.  In fact, I probably would avoid making eye contact and maybe even be little nervous.  I was reminded by this act of service that I really need to not be so judgmental.  But at the end of the day I am just really thankful for my normal, hum drum, everyday life.


No comments:

Post a Comment