Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 57 - Sunday

Day 57
Sunday

I love Sundays.  I didn't always love Sundays I remember when I was younger Sunday was day of things I couldn't do...I couldn't play, I couldn't shop, I had to go to church.  I have since grown up and come to appreciate Sunday so much. I love that it is a day to re-fill my spiritual cup.  I can rest from my usual activities and focus more on my family, friends and think about what is really important.  

Today I was able to go listen to a newly returned missionary speak.  She gave a really talk and I really felt the spirit.  I love hearing the experiences of returned missionaries.  

I heard two things which stood out to me today the first Brittany shared

 John 16:33  "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.  In the world ye shall have tribulation:  but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
 and the second

"Satan will marshal all his his available forces to stop the kingdom, but he will not prevail:  "No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime,swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done."

Both of these quotes bring peace to my heart.  

I love Sundays!


No comments:

Post a Comment