Thursday, August 30, 2012

Day 12

day 12

I have not stopped until just now.  I just got home and I left the house at 7:30 this morning.  I basically have no idea what I want say today.  Trying to think back over my day and find something that really made an impression on me.

Tonight I went to auditions for my theater company.  We were holding auditions for Little Mermaid, Jr.  The age group of performers is 12 - 18.  

Auditioning for anything is hard, but auditioning for musical theater is the worst because you have to act and sing....and we make them sing a capella.  

I am so proud of these kids that come and lay it all out there....that is hard but especially hard when you are a teenager.  Sometimes I just want to go up on stage and give them a hug because I know they are terrified.  (but that might be weird so I don't) I can remember auditioning for musicals when I was a teenager and I remember literally feeling like I was going to die because I was so scared.  My heart really goes out to those kids who want it so bad and yet they are almost completely overcome with fear.  

And then I love seeing the kids that keep coming back and watching the transformation that happens as they begin to feel more comfortable and confident.  It is just the best to be able to be a part of that transformation.

I wish I could give them all a major role.  I really love teenagers.  I think they are awesome.  

So, today I am thankful for those kids who are brave enough to come and audition.  We wouldn't have a show without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment