Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 10 - yay! I made it to double digits

I made it to double digits.  I have been doing this for 10 days now.  I give myself a pat on the back for this accomplishment.  And of course, now that I have said that I had a hard time coming up with a post for today.  But as I looked back over the day there was one thing/person that came to mind.  Probably because it was back to school night.

Mr. Hebert, Stafford Hebert or just Hebert.  He has had one of my kids in his choir program since I think 2002.  It is crazy to think about.  He is absolutely my one of the best teachers my kids have had.  He has played an important role in my kids love of music and he has helped them develop their musical abilities because heaven knows I was not able to help them.  He has a tremendous love of music and it shows in his classes.  There is just no way he could do what he does if he didn't love music so much.  He often has more than 75 students in his class -- now right there that says something.  And I think you would have a hard time finding a former choir student who didn't like him or least appreciate his love of music and what he tries to teach.

So, today I am thankful for this man who has shared his love of music with my children.  He really deserves an award for all he does.  I could go on and on about it but I won't.  Just believe me when I say Sheldon High School is lucky to have him and he is truly a blessing to all the kids who go through his class.  So, thank you Mr. Hebert for putting up with my kids for the last 10 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment