Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 11




SLEEP 

I love to sleep.  I look forward to going to sleep everyday.  I usually feel like I can never get enough sleep.  The older I get the more elusive sleep is becoming.

 I have always been a light sleeper.  It usually doesn't take much to wake me up.  Which is not necessarily a bad thing but it is when you can't go back to sleep then it becomes a problem.

I am not surprised that I feel like I never get enough sleep because ....

I get restless legs and come to find out my allergy medicine that I take so I can breath .......so I can sleep ...... can cause restless legs....WHAT!

Light -- even the smallest sliver of light will wake me up or keep me awake.  The dumb blue light on our DVD player in our room is like a freakin lighthouse!  I have to cover it with something or I can't sleep.

The first night somewhere new...never sleep.  I would be in big trouble if I had to travel a lot.

Heavy walkers - we have tile throughout the house so it really amplifies sound and so I hear if someone in the house gets up and walks to the bathroom or kitchen or comes home late......there is one person in particular and she knows who she is....very heavy walker.  Always woke me up.

The jingle Coco's collar makes when she walks....and it becomes ever so much louder when everything is quiet.

Touch - the smallest touch will wake me up.  Yes, even a toe reaching over to make sure I am still there....as if I would be somewhere else?....

Starring-  my kids know that they don't even have to touch me . . . they can just come into my room and stare at me....I wake up and it freaks me out!  Waking up to someone standing over your bed ----- starring at you....Creepy!

So, is it any wonder that I get any sleep ever?  Seriously, sleep is precious and I am so grateful when I get a good nights sleep.  I am always so jealous of people who can sleep anywhere, anytime....just like a baby.  Oh, if only...

 My great nephew Abbott

My great nephew Lincoln

Today I am grateful for sleep.  Wishing each of you a good nights sleep tonight:)

2 comments:

  1. MOM i'm not that loud of a walker!!! and yes i do remember walking into your room at night and just starring at you until you woke up haha...why did we do that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just put me to sleep. Night! Haha!

    ReplyDelete